Discover the brewing history around the area of Borough Market on this tour. Head down to the old Anchor Brewery site and discover the history of brewing in London along the way with your expert guide. Enjoy tastings along the way of different beer styles at pubs and craft beer venues. All tastings included along with your local craft beer guide.
Duration: 2 hours (approx)
Group size: 15 max (approx)
Saturdays. Check availability to see starting times and available dates.
- Visit the site of the old Anchor Brewery, one of the biggest in the world during the 1800s
- See the old Hop Exchange building, where the hops were brought in from Kent to London
- Marvel at one of London’s only remaining galleried coaching inn on Borough High Street
London is rich in brewing history and a lot of this can be found in Bermondsey – near the area of the famous Borough Market.
We’ll step back in time to discover the local beer scene and learn how that’s changed over the years – up to modern day.
We’ll visit the old Anchor Brewery (historic site), see the old Hop Exchange building, The George Inn (now owned by The National Trust) and finish for a tutored tasting session on Druid Street at one of the local brewery taprooms.
Your expert guide will be on hand to talk you through any beer styles sampled during the tour.
✔ Guided tour
✔ Beer tastings
Meet outside the Anchor Bankside Pub, 4 Park St, London SE1 9EF
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Under 18’s
Know before you go
- All venues on the tour have step-free access
- At least one tasting at each stop and this will depend on the day, beers available and venues visited.